Nghi Son 1 Thermal Power Plant

- Investor: Electricity of Vietnam (EVN)

- General contractor: Marubeni (Japan)

- Contractor: TNET (Japan)

- Subcontractor: LILAMA 10 Joint Stock Company

- Total investment capital: 22,260 billion VND (981 million USD) - 85% of Japanese Government's ODA

- Installed capacity: 600 MW

- Factory construction area: 350 hectares

- Factory construction location: Hai Ha commune, Hai Thuong, Tinh Gia district, Thanh Hoa province

Nghi Son 1 Thermal Power Plant is one of two thermal power plants that will be built in Nghi Son Economic Zone with ODA capital of the Japanese Government, invested by EVN. Total investment capital to build the factory is 22,260 billion VND. Of which, the ODA capital is 85% borrowed by the Japanese Government through the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), the remaining 15% is the counterpart capital of EVN.

The plant is expected to come into commercial operation with unit 1 in the fourth quarter of 2013, and unit 2 in the second quarter of 2014, with an annual power output of about 3.6 billion kWh/year. The plant coming into operation will contribute to solving the power shortage in the North in particular and the whole country in general.